Our online gatherings will have a "waiting room". This means when you join the meeting, there will be a virtual staging area where you will wait until one of our meeting hosts admits you.
When joining, please use your real name so that we recognize and admit you promptly.
COME EARLY. Please give us the time we need to properly vet participants, and to ensure that everyone gets into our virtual space before the meeting begins. For Worship Services, you may arrive as early as 15 minutes before start time. The Prelude and Announcements will begin 10 minutes before start time.
Sunday Morning Worship
Sundays at 10:30 a.m. (our online sanctuary opens at 10:15 a.m.) Service details available here.
Online gatherings especially for UUCR's Children & Families! Our focus will be mindfulness and self-care; spiritual practices to support us through stressful times.
Wednesdays at 4:00 p.m. through April 22
Fridays at 7:00 p.m. Emerson’s Café provides adult members of UUCR an opportunity to explore spiritual, faith, and religious concepts through conversations. Topics are chosen each week in advance, and the conversations are meant to flow from the heart as well as the mind.
Our guide for a spiritual and spirited conversation:
1. Approach each other with a willingness to listen deeply and learn, acknowledge the limited perspectives of our own experiences and give value to all views by suspending judgement.
2. Be open to the possibilities of our own views changing and speak from the heart about our own experiences and beliefs.
3. Avoid one-on-one exchanges within this group setting.
4. Give other opportunities to speak.
5. Always hold personal, sensitive information as confidential to today’s conversation.
6. Work respectfully to resolve concerns directly with the parties involved. If an issue remains unresolved, to seek resolution through a minister, the Board of Trustees, or other appropriate UUCR channels.
7. Respect the personal boundaries of each person and be mindful of the importance that UUCR be a welcoming and safe place for all.
In addition to our public Facebook page, our private Facebook group, our Twitter feed, and our Instagram feed, one of the additional tools that we will be using in the coming days to connect with one another, including for worship on Sunday mornings, is the videoconferencing software called Zoom.
If you've used this tool before, you should be good to go for this Sunday. If you have not, and you'd like to prepare ahead of time, you can practice using Zoom meetings by clicking here . This practice will setup your device to use zoom and is a good opportunity to try out the built-in audio on that device.
Here's are some basic intro videos to get you started if you like:
Realm: You may make one-time gifts, set up recurring gifts, set up a pledge, direct payments toward your pledge, contribute to our “share the plate” partners, and much more using Realm. Visit onrealm.org/uucr/give
PayPal: You may make one-time gifts to UUCR using PayPal. Visit paypal.me/uucr
Check: You may mail a check to UUCR. Please make a note in the memo letting us know how to direct your gift.
Our mailing address is:
100 Welsh Park Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Rockville is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com